Life and workshop
The house was founded in 1792 in Amsterdam and grew in the nineteenth century to become one of the country's foremost jewellers, with a shop in the Kalverstraat and a workshop where both their own designs and commissions from third parties were executed. For a long time, the house held the predicate 'Court Supplier' and worked on commissions for the Dutch court — crown jewels, insignia, commemorative pieces for state events.
Alongside this court work, the house was a regular (albeit exclusive) jewellery business: engagement rings, brooches, necklaces, and watches for the Amsterdam bourgeoisie. This dual role—royal jewellery and civilian jewellery—means that the work reappears in two very different markets: on the one hand in museum collections and state displays, and on the other in Dutch inheritances.
In recent decades, the firm has changed ownership and composition; the historical productions from before these changes are what the vintage market trades under the name.
